Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The count down has begun!

Corinne and I wanted to document our journey to transplant.  It all started almost 6 years ago.  The first time our families spent time getting to know each other Corinne told me she would give me a kidney someday.  I think we both thought "someday" would be a lot further away.
August 2013 is when it all officially started.  I started communicating with the transplant clinic.  In October I went in and started tested and got approved for transplant.  Corinne started her testing in October as well.  It has seem like a crazy twisty path to get to the point we are now, but Corinne and I have held hands and followed the yellow brick road together!
Girl bonding  time at dialysis
I had my kidneys removed February 28.  I have been going to dialysis 3 times a week since. On April 29th Corinne will give me the greatest gift possible.  She is giving me a new life.  I could go on forever about my gratitude and how amazing I think it all is, but I don't want to cry!

27 days to transplant!!!!!

-Vick

No comments:

Post a Comment