Monday, April 7, 2014

Meet the parents night

Well the time has come that the parents want to be involved.  Even though Corinne and I have both met each others moms and in-laws it was time to get together and make sure everyone approves.  I was a little bit nervous.  What if they met me (or re-met me) and decided I was not worthy of this incredible gift I was receiving from this amazing daughter of theirs?  I know I am not really worthy.  I mean how could I be?
Anyway we had an amazing dinner at the Harryman house.  Our kids are very close in ages so of course they had a great time!  It is funny as time has gone by our two oldest (Daxton and Faith) who used to have a lot of fun together have become very shy around each other!  Chalk that up to teenagers.   It was really a lot of fun spending time with the parents.  My mother didn't come, but my mother-in-law did. Everyone seemed to get along great!  It is good since are families are merging in a very different way!  From my perspective it was and amazing night! Hopefully everyone agrees...
22 days until transplant!  Isn't that crazy?  I do not have one once of fear or nervousness.  The Lord has blessed me with peace and Faith.  This time of trial really is a blessing.  I have learned so much.  I have never felt so much gratitude in my life either.

No comments:

Post a Comment