Friday, May 16, 2014

No words were needed


      Well we did! It's over! Although no words were needed then, people sure want to hear the words now. As you can see in Vicki's last post we both showed up for the big day! I secretly think many doubted I would. I wasn't nervous at all, I was actually super excited. With the delay in the transplant, I was MORE than ready to get the party started!

      

 
I tuned out when the dr's were telling us to show up with no make up on! I secretly thought if I wore full make up I might wake up with like a tiny bit on and not be so scary.... HEHEHE! (didn't know they vaseline your eyes shut!)

My sexy chocolate Justin had different emotions than I did but ya gotta give him props for knowing... There was no talking me out of this. He knew better. My favorite part was when they gave him a name tag with my name on it so everyone would know whom he belonged to. Yep, thats right! He belongs with ME!


Before I knew it we were ready to go! My cute sister surprised me and showed up at the butt crack of dawn to cheer me on.... Man... I love her!


           
Not a lot of words were said.... There really weren't a lot needed. Life lesson #343 in this experience, Actions really do speak louder than words!

Not going to lie, the first few days were rough! Lots of pain, sick to my stomach and I was pretty much OUT OF IT! I look like a nursing home patient in this picture but this is one of my besties braiding my hair right after surgery. I don't remember too much about the first few days but what I do remember is how much love I felt from everyone!


We didn't need to say much but what we did say connected us in a way that many never get to! Of course we were great friends prior to surgery but at this point we were more like sisters. My kidney liked Vicki's cute little body and started working right away! My body wasn't sure what the heck I had done to it but adjusted quickly enough to let me go visit my sweet friend. 

This was the part.... the no words part....

When I woke up from the surgery that sexy chocolate I mentioned earlier... well he was starring at me. No words were needed. I remembered the look he was giving me! I had seen it 4 other times before! 1st on my wedding day then with each child I bore of his. The look he gave me said it all. The feelings of anxiousness, fear, uncertainty - it was all gone! There was nothing but peace and a strong spirit was present! I could read Justin's face and I knew how he felt. .... No words were needed.

Then when I Vicki walked into my room with that grin from ear to ear... HELLO that made me cry! You should have seen this chic! She looked like she had won the lottery! Duh! I don't even think she walked in my room, I think she skipped! 
No words were needed... Her smile said it all.

Lastly, I have to mention Vicki's sweet kids. Darren brought them all in my room and told me they wanted to say something to me but they were shy. I laughed and was in so much pain I couldn't really say much to him let alone the 3 little angels before me. The 2 little ones mumbled a thank you under their breaths while Darren continued to express their gratitude. I cut him off and said, you guys don't need to say anything! I already know. No words are needed. You could see the gratitude in all of their faces but Faith's eyes spoke volumes while her mouth said nothing. Tears fled from her beautiful eyes as she tried not to look at me. It was yet another moment in this incredible experience where I thought about the fact no words needed to be spoken. I felt her soul and mine connect and knew that this little muffin was forever grateful and I pray she felt my sincere love for her and my hopes for her bright future with HER own mom to be right by her side for years to come! No illness, no set backs... her NEW AND IMPROVED MOM!






1 comment:

  1. I love this. It brought tears to my eyes. what an amazing thing we have been through together! Love you more than words!

    ReplyDelete