Thursday, May 1, 2014

There are no coincidences!


There were movies, pizza and tissues Monday night instead of blessings, sleep and bowel preps. I wallowed in my sorrows and snuggled my kids while trying to find peace with this minor set back. I did my best to ignore the "what if's" playing in my head! I wanted to just stay in bed Tuesday and be angry. Instead, once again friends came to my rescue! 

My cute friend Heather took me to lunch and the temple!

Just before leaving for the temple my friend Amy called and said that her dad had a pretty neat story to share with me. Amy's dad is my adoptive father whom I genuinely love with all my heart and would call for anything I ever needed so again, NO COINCIDENCE this story would happen to him! He is a baseball coach and had just finished giving a private lesson to a young man and asked him after the lesson, "what are you going to do now, go get a bite to eat?" This young man quickly reported he would not be eating because he was fasting for a young boy in his ward that was dying. You see the boy needed a liver transplant and one had just became available! He was having a transplant ASAP... yep you guessed it... at the SAME HOSPITAL, BY OUR SAME TRANSPLANT TEAM! Suddenly, it all made since and I dropped to my knees to offer a prayer for this young man and sick boy! I may or may not have thrown in a few I AM SOOOO SORRY I  was angry comments too! It all makes sense now. Oh and don't you worry, I have cleaned out 3 fridges, hit two of my kids soccer games and cleaned like a pregnant nesting lady! Vicki... well Vicki is a freaking rock and she didn't skip a beat! She just went with the flow! Okay... here is to May 2nd ( I hope) unless of course some precious boy can get a liver instead :)



No comments:

Post a Comment