Saturday, June 7, 2014

I might be crazy...

Today is my sweet daughter's 14th birthday.  It doesn't even seem possible! What a great day we had today. I went for a 1 mile walk today.  Took Faith, her bestie Abby, and Kaylee to lunch, to a movie, to get shave ice, and a ton of shopping.  Then I came home and cook 2 different dinners. A year ago this never would have happened! I got me thinking.  I am actually grateful for the things I have been through in the past year.
Darren holding a 3 day old Faithie.  She weighs 4 pounds here!
4 year old Faith
Faith this year
I know it sounds crazy. Having my kidneys taken out was pretty rotten.  Doing dialysis for 2 months was extremely difficult. Getting a new kidney, as wonderful as that is, wasn't easy.  But guess what? It makes up who I am. It is sort of a badge of honor. As I look at the myriad of scars across my body I feel like a warrior.  I earned each of these scars.  I proved how strong I am. Look at what I went through and kept a positive attitude.  And now I am a new person feeling great, having energy, and ready to conquer the world. So many people have been affected by this trial.  I think most everyone has come through it a better person.  I know I have!  These trials are certainly not things I would have chosen to do, but I am grateful for them.
Corinne visiting me at dialysis
 As much as I dreaded having to do dialysis I am so glad I did.  I understand so many things now that I never did before (it didn't hurt that I was the favorite of many of the staff and patients). I have empathy for my mother and what she goes through.  It made me even more grateful for this gift of life I received.  I will not waste it.  I am going to do great things!


No comments:

Post a Comment